Sunday, September 2, 2012


Hoffmann's Top 9 Hot Rocker Chicks - #6 to #4



Well folks, time for the 2nd installment of this 3 part list covering, what are in my opinion, the Top 9 Hot Rocker Chicks today. In the last installment I listed out positions 9 down to 7. Just to recap we have Tarja Turunen in at #9, Sharon den Adel taking the #8 spot and Lacey Mosley coming in at lucky #7. Now, as I sit in my yard, while there is chicken on the grill, a beer in my cup holder and my laptop, well in my lap, we'll explore the mid section of our list.

6.) Carly Smithson - We Are The Fallen
Carly Smithson (We Are The Fallen)

Now I've never been a fan of American Idol. In fact, I dislike the show and most of the contestants on it. However, I was told by a friend to check out this phenomenal Irish singer Carly Smithson and I caught a few of her performances. Yep, she's the real deal with awesome stage presence, a killer voice and an that girl next door beauty, that is if you have hot neighbors. All of this impressed me but in my mind she wasn't what the show was looking for, as in she wasn't that cookie cutter pop star that Idol produces. Thankfully, I was right.
After she was eliminated and her contractual obligations had been met, she joined up with Ben Moody, formally of Evanescence, to form the band We Are The Fallen. Now this is a role that she fits into well as her voice lends perfectly to Moody's composition. However, the band has received quite a bit of criticism for being a knock off Evanescence with Carly being compared very heavily to Amy Lee. But that's a topic for a later conversation.
Bottom line, this girl can sing which has been proven time and time again in front of the biggest of all audiences. Although We Are The Fallen has yet to release a sophmore album, I am quite certain it will be released with this masterful fox at the helm showing the world why she made it to this list.


5.) Emma Anzai - Sick Puppies
Emma Anzai (Sick Puppies)

With my #5 pick, I open the door to the first on the list that isn't a singer fronting the band, but rather the backbone. Emma Anzai of Australia's Sick Puppies proves, without question, that women can rock out hard! I've witnessed live the power that she posses when she's hammering her bass better than I've seen a lot of players in the game today. Maybe that's why she carries the nickname of 'Female Flea.' After meeting the band while walking down through concourse at the Fargodome after one of their shows, I realized that my seats that night were not good enough to do her appealing looks justice. I was hooked.
Emma's energy on stage alone is enough to get a crowd pumped but when it's coupled with her playing ability and sublime appearance, it'll knock you on your ass. Her pure talent shines through in the Sick Puppies albums with bass driven composition that you can latch onto. I sometimes find myself  rocking out to her riffs more than the lyrircs(for those of you who know me, hard to believe, right?) Any way you look at it she is one of the hottest in the business today and it's without even trying.



4.) Amy Lee - Evanescence
Amy Lee (Evanescence)

Ah, Amy Lee...... For most that is all you have to say, but for the other's I'll explain. Amy Lee has been a driving force to bring a bit of the dark and gothic side of rock to the mainstream. Her ethereal vocals and accomplished piano skills, coupled within the hard hitting rock band Evanescence are a perfect match. Oh, have I mentioned that she's a looker?( See picture above)
With the timing of this Little Rock, Arkansas band's introduction to the world being about the same time MTV no longer was showing videos and that YouTube didn't even exist yet, I never realized that the voice I was hearing had such a lucid stunner attached to it. When I finally did see who I was listening to it all made sense, an alluring voice like that rarely exists unless it's the whole package. Amy Lee has is that package with a neat little dark bow on top. Like a present to me so that when I hear her delicate and powerful lyrics I can picture in my mind the pure beauty I am listening to.





Alright, two-thirds down and one final act yet to play out tomorrow. Hope you've enjoyed what you've seen so far and come back to see how this little idea in my mind will finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment